Flayou – Chich-Bich – Terracotta – Backgammon black
Hella El Khiari and Thomas Egoumenides crossed path in 2009 while studying in the Architecture School of Paris La Villette. Seven years later, they are creating flaÿou, a multidisciplinary, integrative design studio based in Tunis.
Flaÿou inspirations come from the daily life, and aim to create a self-conscious, unformal design, one that wonder about the right things, without taking themselves too seriously.
Flaÿou is dedicated to experimenting with new ecological materials, new composites, the renewed use of materials known for decades and the diverted use of materials.
Current research ///
* Recycling of cork residues recovered at the factory during the production of corks. This residual cork retains its natural properties: ecological, durable and insulating.
* Establishment of agrosourced plastics from renewable resources, such as maize, wheat and sugar cane.
Paper and vegetable fibers
* Manufacture of paper made from local materials such as palm leaf.
* Experiment with the pulp paper through new forms and moldings.
* Mix and create alternative materials.
* Use of agglomerated cork, natural fibers and bio-plastic.
* Mix innovative 3D printing technologies with older techniques such as traditional molding.
* Work in collaboration with UX Design SlashSlash agency.